Friday 17 July 2015

Muse

I reach out with questing hands
Desperate to find you
Clutching at nothing I curse
You were not where I thought
In easy reach of my arms

You are as the mist that gently flows over the ground
As the moon slowly sets and sinks behind hills
You are as the amber glow on water still
Of setting sun slowly fading, soon to be gone
You are as the words from a lover's lips
Filled with meaning but passing into the air as nothing, too soon, ever too soon

I search through the night for you
From setting sun 'til dawn blazes in eyes bleary and red
Feet weary, stumbling steps slow as I move
A little further
A little further
You were not where I thought

You are not in the dark places of my mind
Where even the bravest fear to tread
You are not in the deep places of my mind
Where the light ne'er reaches for long
You are not in the lonely places of my mind
Where there is naught but ash and dust

I collapse and fall to my knees
Careless of any harm
For without you I am lost
Without you I am nothing more than flesh and bone
Without you I cannot live

I bow my head
I close my eyes
I hear your voice

A whisper in the night
A shout in the silence
A blinding light
A beautiful balance

You look at me with silent eyes
Hinting only at the mirth that lies inside
Smile with affection and warmth
Tell me without needing words
You are here
You were always here
Within my reach
Hiding not from me, if I would but open my eyes
And see

No comments:

Post a Comment